ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Working with R3D raw files in Premier Pro

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chancler HaynesWorking with R3D raw files in Premier Pro
by on Jan 17, 2015 at 2:00:23 am

I'm gonna try and cut with R3D files that I have imported into my Premier Pro CC 2014 project. Pushed my resolution in the playback monitors down to 1/16, if that helps. Scrubbing footage will be minimum to none. Gonna try and turn this around pretty quickly, which is why I don't want to bother figuring out the transcode workflow to Pro Res LT (Unless you guys know a quick link to throw at me to get that done right away.)

What do you guys think? Am I setting myself up for failure?

I'm also cutting with some Alexa footage in this same project (different cut). That's going smoothly. No assist on this job so I'm figuring it out a la asking you guys on Creative Cow.

Thanks for reading! :)

Return to posts index

Mike JacksonRe: Working with R3D raw files in Premier Pro
by on Jan 17, 2015 at 4:23:05 am

I suspect it's going to all come down to the power of your computer and the speed of your media storage. Tricked-out machine with tons of RAM and fast drives, you'll probably be okay. Older or lower-speced machine might choke.

Return to posts index

Dennis RadekeRe: Working with R3D raw files in Premier Pro
by on Jan 17, 2015 at 1:16:08 pm

Mike is spot on. Gone Girl was shot in Red 6K and it was successful in part because all of the system components were top notch. That's not to say that you have to spend crazy money to get a reasonable RED experience - far from it - but the true advantage with any 64-bit native program (if written well) is that you can benefit more fully from the system components that make up your computer.

Big ones would be RAM - 32 or 64GB please; Disk Speeds - really important for something like RED, CPU and GPU.

HTH,
Dennis - Adobe guy

Return to posts index

Chancler HaynesRe: Working with R3D raw files in Premier Pro
by on Jan 17, 2015 at 2:31:37 pm

Fantastic! Thanks guys. I think I'm good on Ram. Gonna give it a go!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]