ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro & Media Encoder CC 2014 Video Scaling Issues

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan BerdinkaPremiere Pro & Media Encoder CC 2014 Video Scaling Issues
by on Jan 16, 2015 at 6:10:09 pm

Typically when creating final deliverables of a finished video I provide various resolutions to the client. Source material is almost always 1920x1080. I'm noticing that when encoding to smaller resolutions through Premiere Pro or Media Encoder, there seems to be issues with the scaling that results in crunchy edges or other artifacts. I've tried using the "Use Maximum Render Quality" setting but it does not appear to make any difference.

The workaround has been to export a "master" using the Apple ProRes codec at the native resolution. Then I open in QuickTime player and export to the various resolutions… still using Apple ProRes. Once I have those files I take them back into Media Encoder and use them to create the deliverables in the necessary formats. Using this method results in better image quality, but becomes cumbersome when having to deal with many files.

Never had this issues when working with FCP and Compressor. Anyone else experience this, or have any suggestions/tips?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved