ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

PREMIERE PRO CC 2014 Lag in Program Monitor and Timeline

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike SnowPREMIERE PRO CC 2014 Lag in Program Monitor and Timeline
by on Jan 15, 2015 at 11:00:35 pm

Hello,

I have been having an issue lately (converted from Premiere CC to Premiere CC 2014) in regards to scrubbing through timeline footage.

When I scrub through, the footage freezes while I am already on another clip with the play head.

I hit space bar for the timeline to play out, but all I hear is the music track, video will still be frozen or super laggy.

Does any one know why this may be?

On a Mac.
I tried cleaning out cache through the preferences and toggling through Mercury Playback options.

Any help would be truly appreciated.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Peter GarawayRe: PREMIERE PRO CC 2014 Lag in Program Monitor and Timeline
by on Jan 16, 2015 at 4:08:46 am

Hi Mike,

Getting more details about your system and media type would be helpful. Here's a few questions to start.

Do you have a IO card installed i.e. Blackmagic, AJA or Matrox?

Do you have a GPU and is it enabled?

A few other tips to help performance:

- Disable “Show Duplicate Frame Markers”. This option is selectable under the wrench icon in the timeline panel.

- Disable “Display out of sync indicators for unlinked clips”. This is selected by default under the General Preferences page.

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Mike SnowRe: PREMIERE PRO CC 2014 Lag in Program Monitor and Timeline
by on Jan 16, 2015 at 8:51:42 pm

Hello Peter,

Thanks for your response.

I checked those preferences and looks like they are already disables.

In regards to cards and GPU, I am not too sure where to find this as I am working on a computer owned by the company I work for.

I currently am using Mercury Playback Engine Software Only Renderer, but if I switch to GPU, I get the same results.

I am working on

iMac 10.9.5 / 3.4GHz Intel Core i7 / Memory 24 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048MB (says Type: GPU on my mac pref.

I edit using my external drive as well.

This seemed to have occurred once I switched over from Premiere Pro CC to Premiere Pro CC 2014, so I am thinking it may be something with preferences.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]