ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

PREMIERE PRO CC 2014 Lag in Program Monitor and Timeline

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Snow
PREMIERE PRO CC 2014 Lag in Program Monitor and Timeline
on Jan 15, 2015 at 11:00:35 pm

Hello,

I have been having an issue lately (converted from Premiere CC to Premiere CC 2014) in regards to scrubbing through timeline footage.

When I scrub through, the footage freezes while I am already on another clip with the play head.

I hit space bar for the timeline to play out, but all I hear is the music track, video will still be frozen or super laggy.

Does any one know why this may be?

On a Mac.
I tried cleaning out cache through the preferences and toggling through Mercury Playback options.

Any help would be truly appreciated.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
Re: PREMIERE PRO CC 2014 Lag in Program Monitor and Timeline
on Jan 16, 2015 at 4:08:46 am

Hi Mike,

Getting more details about your system and media type would be helpful. Here's a few questions to start.

Do you have a IO card installed i.e. Blackmagic, AJA or Matrox?

Do you have a GPU and is it enabled?

A few other tips to help performance:

- Disable “Show Duplicate Frame Markers”. This option is selectable under the wrench icon in the timeline panel.

- Disable “Display out of sync indicators for unlinked clips”. This is selected by default under the General Preferences page.

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Mike Snow
Re: PREMIERE PRO CC 2014 Lag in Program Monitor and Timeline
on Jan 16, 2015 at 8:51:42 pm

Hello Peter,

Thanks for your response.

I checked those preferences and looks like they are already disables.

In regards to cards and GPU, I am not too sure where to find this as I am working on a computer owned by the company I work for.

I currently am using Mercury Playback Engine Software Only Renderer, but if I switch to GPU, I get the same results.

I am working on

iMac 10.9.5 / 3.4GHz Intel Core i7 / Memory 24 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048MB (says Type: GPU on my mac pref.

I edit using my external drive as well.

This seemed to have occurred once I switched over from Premiere Pro CC to Premiere Pro CC 2014, so I am thinking it may be something with preferences.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]