ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Project file (CC 2014) from on machine does not open properly on another machine

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Warren
Project file (CC 2014) from on machine does not open properly on another machine
on Jan 15, 2015 at 4:18:04 pm

Hello there!

It's been a little while since I've had to post something for help on here. I'm experiencing a problem that I am not sure where else to dig to find a solution or answer to.

I have project file and media that I am trying to work on at home on my laptop.The project was originally started on a MAC Pro at the office but I pulled everything onto a external drive so I can work from home. Both machines are Macs with the latest OS and both are up to day in PP versions. However, when I go to open the project file on my laptop, it gives me that prompt saying that the file is from a previous version of Premiere and it will create a new file etc. Okay, cool I've done this before not a problem. But when the project launches and fully opens, there is nothing in the project window. There's about 8 hours of media that's suppose to be in there along with a couple sequences.

I tried to work around it by using the newly created project file, and importing the original project file so I can at least pull the SEQs into it and I can keep moving forward with what the previous editor did. No luck with that, it says it connects with Dynamic Link but nothing shows up for me to select and import.

I hope I'm explaining this well enough. Anybody encounter a similar problem? Does anyone know of a work around on this? Your thoughts and input are greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
Re: Project file (CC 2014) from on machine does not open properly on another machine
on Jan 15, 2015 at 4:55:47 pm

1 - trash preferences
2 - clean your media cache
3 - start a new project and then import the existing project you wish to edit into it.

Hopefully the above will set you straight.

Dennis

Return to posts index

Scott Warren
Re: Project file (CC 2014) from on machine does not open properly on another machine
on Jan 15, 2015 at 4:59:52 pm

Thank you Dennis! Trying it now.

Return to posts index

Scott Warren
on Jan 15, 2015 at 5:43:47 pm

Well dang, no dice.

1. I couldn't even locate the Media Cache Files folder in the location that it says it should be located.

2. I cleaned the database but again like the Cache file folder, I could not locate it where it should be located in the finder.

3. I did trash the preferences. I created the new project and tried to import the original project but with the same result as before.

I guess I'll have to go to the office and work from there. Still open to suggestions if you have any. I'll run a couple tests when I get back to the office as well. I was trying to avoid the 45 minute commute. bummer.

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Jan 15, 2015 at 6:25:58 pm

You either have something wrong with that project, or you have something peculiar on one of your systems.

1 - Try opening another project between systems. Does it work?
2 - Try importing just a single sequence into a new project of the offending project. Does it work?

A way to get a clean start - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-prob... Takes a while but may be worth it if it has to do with teh Adobe installation.

HTH,
Dennis

Return to posts index

Scott Warren
on Jan 16, 2015 at 4:46:56 pm

Dennis,

Thank you gain for the insight.

Turns out the problem was in fact the workstation that the project was created on was not fully up to date. Once I updated the Premiere Pro app the reopened the project on the original workstation, it prompted to re-save the file and then I transferred it to my laptop and it opened up fine with all media and seqs showing.

Thank you again!

Scott

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Jan 16, 2015 at 4:49:23 pm

In script format:

RADEKE, WITH SUBLIME, SATISFIED SMILE ON HIS FACE, BRUSHES BACK HIS SUPERHERO CAPE AND TAKES OFF INTO THE SUNSET...

THE END

;-)

Glad I could help.

Return to posts index

Alex Udell
on Jan 16, 2015 at 10:11:28 pm

nice Denis

you forgot…. bathed in aura of volumetric light… ;-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]