ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Save, Close, Re-open Premiere Project fails to reopen to last saved sequence?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pat SpahrSave, Close, Re-open Premiere Project fails to reopen to last saved sequence?
by on Jan 14, 2015 at 10:39:52 pm

When I save my project and then return to it later, it opens random other sequences from my bins but never the one I was working on last. It used to always return to the last saved sequence.

This never used to be an issue but it has become one recently. My copy of Premiere is CC2014.2, 8.2.0 (65).

This is more annoying than critical but has anyone else here experienced this?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Ryan BerdinkaRe: Save, Close, Re-open Premiere Project fails to reopen to last saved sequence?
by on Jan 15, 2015 at 12:05:33 am

Yes, you are not crazy this is a daily frustration here. So far I have not found any solution… it seems to be a bug.

Return to posts index

Peter GarawayRe: Save, Close, Re-open Premiere Project fails to reopen to last saved sequence?
by on Jan 15, 2015 at 7:47:13 am

Yes, this has behaved this way for as long as I can remember. Feel free to fill out a bug report from the link below. The more reports we see on any particular issue the more likely it is to get addressed.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Note: The site is down right now but it should be back up and running soon.

Best,

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Save, Close, Re-open Premiere Project fails to reopen to last saved sequence?
by on Jan 15, 2015 at 1:23:06 pm

This is super annoying especially when I have a mastering project with close to hundred sequences.

Return to posts index

Larry AsbellRe: Save, Close, Re-open Premiere Project fails to reopen to last saved sequence?
by on Jan 15, 2015 at 3:46:22 pm

I read that it is fixed in the current release however it only works with newly created projects. You can fix an older project by using media browser to import all the items of an existing project into a new blank project. I've only tried it once but it worked.

- Larry Asbell

Return to posts index

Pat SpahrRe: Save, Close, Re-open Premiere Project fails to reopen to last saved sequence?
by on Jan 15, 2015 at 6:30:35 pm

Thanks for those insights Larry. What you're suggesting frightens me as I've been working on this documentary for over a year and am in the final final final edits just now. As I posted above, the bug is a minor annoyance. But it is also a disturbing one in so much as this only began happening in the last 60 or 90 days. No one likes these kind of sudden, unexpected surprises, especially when involved in a critical project. So I am glad this is on other's radar as well. Thanks everyone.

Return to posts index

Ryan BerdinkaRe: Save, Close, Re-open Premiere Project fails to reopen to last saved sequence?
by on Jan 16, 2015 at 4:26:27 pm

Larry, I'm not sure that is the case. I know for certain that I have projects that were created in the Premiere CC 2014 version that exhibit the issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]