ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

MultiCam just quit functioning - Premiere Pro CC

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pierce Wilson
MultiCam just quit functioning - Premiere Pro CC
on Jan 13, 2015 at 10:19:05 pm

Hello,

I have a long diner table conversation shot over 3 hours on several different cameras. The I nested the synced footage, and have been cutting it via multicam commands with no issue since then. However all of a sudden out of the blue, the multicam angles quit showing in the preview monitor. To make things extra confusing, they still show up in the source monitor, as well as on some clips. The majority of clips copied from this nested multicam track seam to no longer display alternate angles, I can't switch to them using keyboard shortcuts; however I can still access them by right clicking and choosing the angle in the multicam menu.

The only thing that I could think of that may have caused the issue was flattening one portion of this multicam nest track. I had cut out a small section, switched to the angle I wanted, then flattened it. I ended up deleting it in the end, and all the other multicam tracks appeared un-effected. However shortly after this I noticed the angles no longer displayed.

I've restarted the app, the system, and trashed my prefs. Any suggestions on what to try next?

Return to posts index

Pierce Wilson
Re: MultiCam just quit functioning - Premiere Pro CC
on Jan 13, 2015 at 11:05:22 pm

I've solved the issue! Multicam in Premiere apparently only works when the track is selected. So reselecting the tracks with the multicam clips on it turns back on the mutlicam angle viewer.

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
Re: MultiCam just quit functioning - Premiere Pro CC
on Jan 14, 2015 at 1:31:14 pm

[Pierce Wilson] "I've solved the issue! Multicam in Premiere apparently only works when the track is selected. So reselecting the tracks with the multicam clips on it turns back on the mutlicam angle viewer.
"

Yes, this is a feature not mentioned heavily enough. I cut multicam constantly and it still momentarily confuses me when I loose the angles, only to notice the track is deselected. Flattening a clip has no effect on anything but that clip, don't hesitate to use it.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]