ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh OrrOCR on BITC?
by on Jan 13, 2015 at 12:15:00 pm

Hi all,

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, this is my first post and I'm trying to find a solution to a problem I have. I just have Premiere in our office hence posting it here but we're open to getting other software if needed.

I work for a transcription company and regularly get sent videos to transcribe and timecode with a BITC. We use software that automatically inserts the timecodes and offsets them against the video position to match the BITC, but sometimes we get videos that are several clips stitched together, so the BITC (and therefore our offset) jumps around.

It's not a problem to change the timecode offset to counter this, the problem comes in finding where exactly the timecode jumps - it's either a process of manually scanning the video, which takes time, or letting our transcribers do it, who aren't that technical and can make mistakes. So I was wondering if there's any way to use some kind of OCR to scan the BITC on the video for me and find where it changes?

Again, the solution doesn't necessarily need to be Premiere-based, but if anyone knows of a way to do this that would be massively appreciated.

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IVRe: OCR on BITC?
by on Jan 13, 2015 at 2:51:58 pm

I don't know if Premiere's Scene Detection would work for your situation, but it may be a start.

Scroll down to the Scene Detection section.

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors

Return to posts index

Josh OrrRe: OCR on BITC?
by on Jan 13, 2015 at 3:16:23 pm

Hi Joe,

Thanks for getting back to me - that looks like the sort of thing I'm after, but it looks like that only works when you're capturing from DV/HDV - we almost always get MP4 or MOV files to work from so not sure how I'd feed those in. Will look for something similar though!

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: OCR on BITC?
by on Jan 13, 2015 at 4:31:45 pm

You can scene detect in Resolve and export an XML out to Premiere.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved