ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro Transition Issue

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian BernhardPremiere Pro Transition Issue
by on Jan 12, 2015 at 11:39:48 pm

Hello my dear Cow masters of the video persuasion,

I am experiencing an odd issue with Adobe Premiere Pro CC. In the timeline, when I add a transition...I this case I am using an Iris wipe to open up on my first frame...all works as is supposed to, with the exception of the top and bottom of the frame. It seems as if during the transition there are unwanted black bars at the very top of frame and the bottom. Once the transition finishes...the bars go away. Now the odd that they are not there on export, only in the timeline. Which is somewhat troublesome when working with a client and they keep asking why the weird black bars. Interestingly, when I place my play head on the transition so I can see the black bars and tweak the transition settings, they go away. when I render the timeline, they come back. Has anyone here experienced this odd little transition annoyance before?

Thanks in advance,

Blight Productions

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IVRe: Premiere Pro Transition Issue
by on Jan 13, 2015 at 2:59:57 pm

Look in your Sequence Settings. Check the box that is "Composite in Linear Color" at the bottom of the panel. When this is off it sometimes does strange things to effects and transistions.

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors

Return to posts index

Brian BernhardRe: Premiere Pro Transition Issue
by on Jan 13, 2015 at 11:20:42 pm

Thanks for the advice! I went into the sequence settings and the box your referenced was already I unchecked it and now looks correct in the playback. WTF is that about? Why make the default sequence settings with an odd buggy feature that does seem to be needed or functional?

Brian A. Bernhard
Creative Media Maker
Blight Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved