ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Rendering Frustrations

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill VincentRendering Frustrations
by on Jan 10, 2015 at 9:12:51 pm

I am working on creating a multicam sequence and had a sequence with four video tracks, all of which needed color correction and noise reduction - so I chose to select all of the clips on all four tracks, chose to render selection, and after 20 hours the green bar was at the top, and everything seemed fine. But... if I de-selected any of the four tracks, all of the rendering was lost. Hoping for the best, I still laid the multicam sequence into the master edit hoping that the multicam function would still play the rendered clips. No such luck.

How is it possible to pre-render these clips without losing the render during multicam editing? Is there any way to save the individual track's rendered files out to a new file without all the render time, one track at a time? I even tried dialing down the opacity on separate tracks to do this, but as soon as I did I would lose the rendered output.

Any way to save these tracks out without losing all that render time?

Return to posts index

Daniel SametzRe: ndering Frustrations
by on Jan 11, 2015 at 3:14:53 am

Why not render after you edit?

You can also export each track as a new clip so The color correction is not an effect anymore.

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: ndering Frustrations
by on Jan 11, 2015 at 1:17:29 pm

Sequence rendering computes a top down or output render. When computing the render.

So really in the green bar the only thing that would be visible would be your top most track....

and this render really would not help your multi cam edit timeline. It's not reading the output of that timeline (as a sum) but rather any given track within it at any given time in the edit.

If you really want to pre render your cc...dan's right you need to export each track individually....or you can nest each track in your multi-cam setup and render each of those individual sequecnes... that would do it as well.

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

Return to posts index

Bill VincentRe: Rendering Frustrations
by on Jan 11, 2015 at 3:51:38 pm

Thanks for the replies. The reason I needed to render before my edit is because much of the footage is so dark that I needed to color correct and reduce noise in order to even be able to decide what is useable. Normally I would definitely wait to render until after editing.

I also do understand now about the top down ordering of rendering the timeline. I have now started rendering each track individually, which will allow me to finally start editing.

Thanks again for the replies... I learned something valuable through this process!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved