ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Looking for a practical workflow to sync 788 audio with RAW P2 in Adobe Premiere Pro CC

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul EllisonLooking for a practical workflow to sync 788 audio with RAW P2 in Adobe Premiere Pro CC
by on Jan 9, 2015 at 7:34:29 pm

I am working on a reality series in which we are shooting a car auction with a 4 camera set up all connected to a single 788 audio recorder. I am new to Premiere and have a question about the Multi-Camera Source Sequence feature.

Since we are running multiple cameras, I will copy just my ACAM footage into a bin then add the audio files from the 788. When Premiere creates the Source Sequence it will read each clip from my ACAM as a different camera and place that clip on a new track.

Is there any way to place those synced clips only on the V1 track without having to click and drag each individual clip down? Is there a way to tell Premiere to lay those clips only on the first video track? Or can you label the clips in away that Premiere will understand that those clips are the same camera (ACAM) so it wont create a new track for each individual clip?

I am working on a Mac and the footage is P2 intra, which I am linking to in Premiere. We are trying not to transcode the footage to another codec.

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: Looking for a practical workflow to sync 788 audio with RAW P2 in Adobe Premiere Pro CC
by on Jan 9, 2015 at 9:15:14 pm

[Paul Ellison] "Is there any way to place those synced clips only on the V1 track without having to click and drag each individual clip down? Is there a way to tell Premiere to lay those clips only on the first video track? "

Unfortunately not. This is the only real black-eye on PPros multicam functionality, IMO. I would suggest submitting a feature request to Adobe. Hopefully if enough users ask for it Adobe will make the change.

Below is a link to their feature request page.
https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&loc=en

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]