ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Re-Render Projects???

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brady Lovell
Re-Render Projects???
on Jan 7, 2015 at 3:49:51 pm

I've got a question and I'm hoping someone will be kind enough to answer it for me. I use GoPro camera's for the majority of my camera work. I put the files in PP, and cut it down to the final version of the video and render it out to a H.264 format for uploading to social sites. My question is, if I wanted to add another piece of stock footage to the already compressed H.264 video, can I put the stock video with the H.264 video in one comp, and render them out with the same settings and not lose a noticeable difference in quality?

Thanks to anyone willing to help!

Return to posts index

Gary Verby
Re: Re-Render Projects???
on Jan 7, 2015 at 3:56:15 pm

As long as the sequence settings and source footage match there will be no noticeable deteriotation in quality.

Depending on how precious your cuts are I would get into the habit of exporting mastered (uncompressed) versions to combat this issue down the line.

Return to posts index

Ivan Myles
on Jan 8, 2015 at 8:15:50 am

[Gary Verby] "Depending on how precious your cuts are I would get into the habit of exporting mastered (uncompressed) versions to combat this issue down the line."

If storage space is not available for uncompressed files, consider using a lightly compressed production codec like ProRes, AVC-Intra, or DNxHD/MXF.

Return to posts index

Danny Thompson
on Jan 9, 2015 at 2:51:44 am
Last Edited By Danny Thompson on Jan 9, 2015 at 2:53:13 am

If you edit an H264 and export it as H264 again there will be a drop in quality.

H264 is a highly compressed format, and though it is possible to concatenate multiple video streams together into one file, I don't think Premiere is capable of it.

Studio - eMac G4, 256mb ram, Final Cut DV
Mobile - IBM R50, 1024mb ram, 80gb Hitachi Travelstar ATA133 7200rpm hard drive

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]