ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

green screen emergency !!!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hamed aminigreen screen emergency !!!
by on Jan 6, 2015 at 7:30:58 pm

I have a problem with using green screen and chroma key.
as you can see in the picture no matter what I do, I always have a green line beside my shoulders and head and I cant have a perfect green screen.
I don't get what problem is cuz I changed the light and position and tried several times.
what should I do? is the camera problem ? or my green screen isn't that green or something ?!!!

Return to posts index

Al LeVineRe: green screen emergency !!!
by on Jan 6, 2015 at 8:02:40 pm

Looks like you're shooting with a low resolution / compressed format. More details would be great -- what camera you're using, what resolution, format, etc...

Little trick...
Back in the early 2000s when I would shoot green screen using a DV/HDV camera, I had a little trick in After Effects. DV format didn't have too much color information, so the goal was to add color information that didn't already exist to the image and then key.

In After Effects:
Create a new composition using existing footage
Duplicate the video track. Turn the first video track to a Color mode, and turn opacity down to around 10%. This adds more color information to the video track.
Then Precomp that composition and throw a Keylight filter on the new Precomp.
Your key should turn out a bit better...

Return to posts index

Jeff PuleraRe: green screen emergency !!!
by on Jan 6, 2015 at 9:34:16 pm

If possible, position yourself farther from the green background to minimize the green spill reflecting onto your head and shoulders. Putting a small light above and behind talent can also help to provide separation between subject and background.

If you are shooting in SD, don't expect optimum results. Much easier to get a good key using HD cameras, provides smoother edges for one thing.

Lighting is very critical in any case. Use manual focus for subject.

Good luck

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

John HeagyRe: green screen emergency !!!
by on Jan 6, 2015 at 11:43:53 pm

The best way to handle green screens is with multiple keys, minimum of two. Unless lit perfectly you'll never get a perfect key with one keyed. first do an edge key that makes the edges look god. You may need a few of these. You then need an inside key. Do a hard key that covers the inside and erode/shrink it so it doesn't affect the edges.

Return to posts index

hamed aminiRe: green screen emergency !!!
by on Jan 9, 2015 at 8:44:05 pm

wow. I didn't thought of that, I think it'll work, i'll try it
thank you very much :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved