ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Every time I save in Adobe Premiere, a duplicate project file is created

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicole DayEvery time I save in Adobe Premiere, a duplicate project file is created
by on Jan 6, 2015 at 6:40:08 pm

Hello,

Every time I open a project, let's say it's called Documentary 1 saved on my Desktop ....as soon as it opens in Adobe Premiere, Documentary 1_1 will appear on my Desktop, making a duplicate of the project.

How do I turn this feature off? I have tons of projects, and it's frustrating that every time I open one, a duplicate is made. It's just making clutter on my hard drive and desktop that is annoying to constantly have to throw a project file away in the recycling bin.

Thank you!
Nicole

Return to posts index

Lance BachmannRe: Every time I save in Adobe Premiere, a duplicate project file is created
by on Jan 6, 2015 at 8:42:22 pm

Hi Nicole,

Premiere Pro doesn’t store video, audio, or still image files in the project file—it stores only a reference to each of these files, a clip, which is based on the filename and location of the file at the time you imported it. If you later move, rename, or delete a source file, Premiere Pro can’t find it automatically the next time you open the project. In this case, Premiere Pro displays the Where Is The File dialog box.

Return to posts index

Nicole DayRe: Every time I save in Adobe Premiere, a duplicate project file is created
by on Jan 7, 2015 at 12:03:49 am

Hello, this answer has nothing to do with my question. But thank you for taking the time to respond back.

Every time I open a project from, let's say my external hard drive----I'll double click "Project," it'll open, I'll go back to that same location on my external hard drive, and now there will be a duplicate project file named, "Project_1." I do not want to have to throw away this duplicate every time I open a project.

If anyone has an idea why this is happening, I'd love to hear it. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Yair BartalRe: Every time I save in Adobe Premiere, a duplicate project file is created
by on Jan 7, 2015 at 11:38:40 am

Was the Project file created in an earlier version of PP?
If so, the newer PP converts it to adapt and saves it with the new name.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]