ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Remote Editing Possibilities

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Finding ThinRemote Editing Possibilities
by on Jan 5, 2015 at 4:37:22 am

I have Adobe Premier Pro CC 2014 but I am new to its capabilities.

If I have an editor that is working with me but in another city, can he edit my project remotely on his Windows PC even if all the HD footage is at my location on my Mac?

I don't mind giving him access to my local network that he would use remotely to access my external drives or Mac.

Is there any program from Adobe that would let him do that? Also can we both be using our computers to edit together at the same time?

The biggest thing for me is that I get to hold onto my data and not have to compress or ship terabytes of data to him on hard drives.

So if there's any set up or software needed to accomplish this, I'll do whatever it takes.

Thank you for your help,

Barry

Sent from my iPad

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Remote Editing Possibilities
by on Jan 5, 2015 at 5:27:03 am

http://www.adobe.com/fi/products/adobeanywhere.html

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: Remote Editing Possibilities
by on Jan 5, 2015 at 6:17:40 am

[Finding Thin] "If I have an editor that is working with me but in another city, can he edit my project remotely on his Windows PC even if all the HD footage is at my location on my Mac?"

No. No way to really log into your computer from his and edit with good results. Not unless you spend TONS OF BUCKS on Adobe Anywhere...that in an Enterprise Class system meant for large organizations like CNN or ESPN. Not really a small shop thing.

The best thing to do would be to clone the media (and exact file structure) to another drive, and ship that drive to them. And then provide them the project file as well. And then when they are done, have them make projects that contain only the sequence they worked on...send that to you, you bring that into your system.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Remote Editing Possibilities
by on Jan 5, 2015 at 2:30:21 pm

[Shane Ross] "No. No way to really log into your computer from his and edit with good results."

I've done some versioning/rendering stuff over OpenVPN to my office computer, but yeah actually editing would be hard/impossible with remote connections.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]