ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Confusion about audio denoiser Premiere CC

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Colin O'HConfusion about audio denoiser Premiere CC
by on Jan 4, 2015 at 3:08:53 am

Hi guys.

I've done a search but cant really find what I'm looking for.
I have an audio track that is a voice over of gameplay on a console. My vocals never fall below -18 to -15 but I have button clicks in the background that are about -40 db. They aren't very loud but I notice them behind the game audio and it irritates the heck out of me.
I cant seem to get denoiser to block the lower volumes. No matter what I set it to it never makes any difference to the audio.
I've watched several videos about the effect but none that explain properly how to actually use it or how it works. I thought it would be similar to a noise gate like I use with my guitar, set the level for example -30bd and everything below -30 is blocked out.

Am I using the wrong effect and is there a way to do this

Thanks in advance for any help

Return to posts index

Colin O'HRe: Confusion about audio denoiser Premiere CC
by on Jan 4, 2015 at 3:17:42 am

Ive attached a capture of the sound track in Premiere pro
Everything below the blue line is pc fan noise, button clicks, chair creaks ect.
thats what im trying to remove

Return to posts index

Morten RanmarRe: Confusion about audio denoiser Premiere CC
by on Jan 4, 2015 at 11:54:37 am

I would use Audition for this kind of advanced audio cleanup.
You can sample background noise from an area without voice, and use it as a filter for the clip - but experiment with the settings, in order to avoid a robotic sound appearance.
Anoterh option is to show the "Spectrum" instead of Waveforms, and then visually find the noise and pint it out with the healing brush. This also requires a degree of experimentation. But it works.

- No Parking Production -

Adobe CC2014, 3 x MacPro, 3 x MbP, Ethernet File Server w. Areca ThunderRaid 8

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved