ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Adobe Premiere Pro Media Cache Files

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony BernardAdobe Premiere Pro Media Cache Files
by on Jan 3, 2015 at 10:08:26 am

I have been editing on Adobe for years now and I have been meaning to ask this for a while. Is there a way to setup where the Media Cache Database/Files are saved on a per project basis? I am assuming no, and if I am right has anyone come up with a efficient way to work around this issue? The reason I would like to be able to do this is because I have been getting more and more projects that live on one or two g-raids and get handed off from me to vfx, color, and back again. And it's a pain for me and everyone else when it comes to management of the media cache database/files. All I want to be able to do is set where my media cache is when I create a new project (the same way you can set where your preview files go to.

Return to posts index

Tim KolbRe: Adobe Premiere Pro Media Cache Files
by on Jan 3, 2015 at 8:14:50 pm

Have you checked the box in preferences-media marked 'save cache files next to originals when possible'?

Is your media saved so that this would take care of it?

Director, Consultant
Video Producer at I-CAR

Return to posts index

Michael KrupnickRe: Adobe Premiere Pro Media Cache Files
by on Jan 4, 2015 at 11:36:02 am

If you work the entire project inside a master folder on the media-only drive you make named for the project, linking issues are greatly reduced in their impact and remedies. In the case of data caches, you still need to manually check and adjust periodically but it becomes much simpler. Archiving and cleaning out the project is easy, too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved