ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere / After Effects and new Mac Pro: positive experiences?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alessandro CofanelliPremiere / After Effects and new Mac Pro: positive experiences?
by on Jan 1, 2015 at 8:59:37 am

HI,
we are evaluating some alternatives to renew our editing hardware.
One of this alternatives is the new Mac pro, mainly because all other computers in the company are OS X based.
I've read a lot in this and other forums and the feeling is that everyone is having problems with premiere (and after effects) with the new Mac pro: poor performances, severe lags, encoding bugs, crashes.
What I want to understand is: is everyone having those problems or there are a lot of other people working without any issue?
Any positive experience with premiere cc/after effects cc and nMP?

The alternative to Mac Pro is a windows workstation (i7 5960 / gtx 980) but we would prefer to remain in OS X environment.

Thank you
ALessandro

---
Alessandro Cofanelli
Top Service Audiovisivi
http://www.topserviceitalia.com

Return to posts index

Tim VaughanRe: Premiere / After Effects and new Mac Pro: positive experiences?
by on Jan 1, 2015 at 11:04:55 pm

It works fine for me. I've got one decked pretty well, but I've not really experienced any issues other than the odd out-of-the-blue bug that always pops up at some point throughout the year

Tim
Apple XRAID, XServe, 2008 2x3 GHz Quad-Core MacPro, Macbook Pro, XSAN, Dell Studio xps PC's
FCP Studio (7), AVID Media Composer, Adobe Production Premium, Maxon Cinema 4d, AJA Kona 3, Flanders Scientific Monitors, Panasonic HPX250's, Kessler Crane, Glidecam.....
Beer fridge fully loaded.

Return to posts index

Don HertzRe: Premiere / After Effects and new Mac Pro: positive experiences?
by on Jan 2, 2015 at 4:06:23 pm

We have 3 newer Mac Pro based editing systems at our facility and they all run great. We've budgeted to swap out five more rooms for the new Mac Pros in 2015. We have AJA ioXT's on them going out to FSI monitors along with Promise Pegasus thunderbolt arrays.

Don

Return to posts index

Chris BorjisRe: Premiere / After Effects and new Mac Pro: positive experiences?
by on Jan 2, 2015 at 4:56:05 pm
Last Edited By Chris Borjis on Jan 2, 2015 at 4:57:04 pm

I thought the main issue some are having is related to performance with OpenCL being enabled
and some sort of optimization issues with OpenCL and the FirePro gpus

It seems like that will all be solved once OpenCL development has matured
to where CUDA is with the Nvidia gpus.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]