ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Multicam Problem

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jana BirchumMulticam Problem
by on Dec 31, 2014 at 7:00:39 pm
Last Edited By Jana Birchum on Dec 31, 2014 at 9:09:42 pm

Hi,

I'm working with multicam for the first time, and am having a couple of problems I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable can help me with easily.

I've shot the Inaguaration of a new University president. I have one DSLR camera (mine) with several shorter shots, one continuous audio feed, and two camera feeds from the live stream.

when I create an multicam sequence by putting them all in a bin and using the "create multicam source sequence", it does it, but it leaves out quite a few clips which it says it can't process.

The multicam sequence that results has WAAAAY to many source boxes, like 49. The Source window is 7 boxes wide by 7 boxes tall. ??????? What?

That's a bit hard to work with, and it's clear I'm doing something wrong. But I've followed along with the instructional videos, and I'm clueless as to what.

Any suggestions anyone??

Thanks in advance.

Jana B.

Addendum: I've figured out what happened, each of the 3 cameras has several shots, and it placed each shot on it's own track. Why is that? If someone knows, please clue me in on how to avoid that, ok?

Return to posts index

Herb SevushRe: Multicam Problem
by on Dec 31, 2014 at 9:09:24 pm

[Jana Birchum] "when I create an multicam sequence by putting them all in a bin and using the "create multicam source sequence", it does it, but it leaves out quite a few clips which it says it can't process."

I'm assuming your using the audio waveforms to sync everything. The clips it can't process don't have high enough quality audio for Premiere to find sync points. If you have, or can afford, Plural Eyes, then my experience is that Plural Eyes will find sync where Ppro can't. Otherwise you will have to guess at your sync points and manually move the clips around the multicam source timeline as I describe when answering your next question.

[Jana Birchum] "The multicam sequence that results has WAAAAY to many source boxes, like 49. The Source window is 7 boxes wide by 7 boxes tall. ??????? What?"

Every start and stop of a camera is treated as a different camera angle by Ppro. The solution is to find the multiclip in the browser, right click and choose open in timeline (double clicking won't work.)Once you've done this you can now manually consolidate all the clips from a single source onto a single track. In your case you should end up with 4 tracks - one each for the two streaming cameras, one for the audio and one for the now consolidated video.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Jana BirchumRe: Multicam Problem
by on Dec 31, 2014 at 9:13:14 pm

Thank you so much, Herb!

Actually, that's exactly what I did--I just did all the consolidation manually. I'm using pluraleyes to sync again. But do you have any idea why it did this? I'm assuming, from the tutorials, that the multicam function is precisely for this purpose, to be able to view multiple angles from different cameras. Do you have any idea what I could have done wrong that made it see each shot as a different camera? The clips are numbered sequentially for each camera, and the names of the cameras are different. I'm just confused!

Jana B.

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: Multicam Problem
by on Dec 31, 2014 at 9:30:42 pm

[Jana Birchum] "Do you have any idea what I could have done wrong that made it see each shot as a different camera? The clips are numbered sequentially for each camera, and the names of the cameras are different. I'm just confused!
"

AFAIK it's currently a limitation of PPro. You can submit a feature request form w/in PPro and hopefully if enough people do that Adobe will fix it.

Return to posts index

Herb SevushRe: Multicam Problem
by on Dec 31, 2014 at 9:47:08 pm

[Jana Birchum] " Do you have any idea what I could have done wrong that made it see each shot as a different camera?"

You didn't do anything wrong, that's the way the "create multicam" function works: the software doesn't know the different clips are from the same camera so they lay them on different tracks. If you have Plural Eyes, then use it to sync and then use the Plural Eyes timeline in Ppro to create a multicam source timeline -- Drag that sequence into the "new" icon. That creates a new sequence with a nest in it. Open that timeline, Right click on the nest and select multicam -> enable. Open the multicam monitor and your now good to go.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Jana BirchumRe: Multicam Problem
by on Dec 31, 2014 at 9:54:38 pm

OK, Great info! Thanks, Herb. I thought you used the PP multicam function to sync it. I can definitely use PluralEyes then create the multicam sequence from there. Or at least I think I can!

Thanks again.

Jana B.

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: Multicam Problem
by on Jan 1, 2015 at 1:46:31 am

[Jana Birchum] "OK, Great info! Thanks, Herb. I thought you used the PP multicam function to sync it. I can definitely use PluralEyes then create the multicam sequence from there. Or at least I think I can!"

You can definitely use PP to sync it, Herb was just suggesting to use PE's because in his experience it can sync some clips that PP has problems with.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]