ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

DVCProHD Will only allow one Audio Track in Adobe CS5.5

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Midway C.jDVCProHD Will only allow one Audio Track in Adobe CS5.5
by on Dec 28, 2014 at 8:23:45 pm

Is there any way to fix this? No matter what I do, custom settings or not, whenever I import audio and video it only will snap to one track, track 5. I cannot move the audio up and down but I can on the video.

Do I need to upgrade to CS6 to fix this? I don't really want to do that. There doesn't seem have an rhythm or reason to it doing it. Some avi files wont do it and some mp4s will... But then some won't. So it doesn't seem to be a codec or file type issue, I'm very confused.

Return to posts index

Michael KrupnickRe: DVCProHD Will only allow one Audio Track in Adobe CS5.5
by on Dec 29, 2014 at 10:33:16 am

The programmers @Adobe Premiere were dropped on their heads in childhood — by an audio engineer. Many awkward behaviors are because Pr is not well automated for editor I/O and doesn't prompt for actions — just sits inert and waits for you to figure out why it refuses to do simple stuff and may be grayed out for some functions easy anywhere else. It is especially dependent on audio tracks in the sequence: they must conform to expected format or Pr just won't do much with `em. DVCProHD on P2 comes in as four linked audio tracks on one video, assigned as four monos. To reformat the track config, you will need to examine the tracks, un-link them manually, and create if necessary new audio tracks to fit, copy the audio there, then re-link manually before you can use them fully. It's one of the really clumsy bugs that they call features and was so nicely handled automatically in FCP people got used to it…Pr is not so elegant.

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: DVCProHD Will only allow one Audio Track in Adobe CS5.5
by on Dec 29, 2014 at 10:33:46 am

https://www.video2brain.com/en/lessons/why-does-audio-not-go-to-the-track-w...

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]