ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Hard drive setup

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerel PetersonHard drive setup
by on Dec 27, 2014 at 3:35:29 pm

I just got a new computer, but it has some HDs that aren't the fastest performing. If I get a Western Digital Black series drive, what should I use that drive for? The original video, the project, the previews, etc?

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: Hard drive setup
by on Dec 27, 2014 at 4:13:15 pm

To store your media. Media, renders...stuff like that. Project file should reside on your system drive, but back it up to the external, or another external....daily. If your system drive crashes, and you lose the project file...all your work is gone.

Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

andy lewisRe: Hard drive setup
by on Dec 27, 2014 at 5:29:47 pm

Guidelines for different number of disks:

Return to posts index

Jerel PetersonRe: Hard drive setup
by on Dec 27, 2014 at 7:25:55 pm

I saw that chart earlier today, and it was helpful. But I was more interested in WHICH data type should be used for the one faster drive.

Return to posts index

Brady LovellRe: Hard drive setup
by on Jan 7, 2015 at 4:04:45 pm

I have 2 HD's on my PC. According to the guideline chart I have everything set up right except for the "Page File" and "Previews". I have no idea what a page file is and not sure where the previews are stored either. Can someone point me in the right direction so I can make sure those 2 items are in the correct location?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved