ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

A fix for the multicam timecode display bug

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Herb SevushA fix for the multicam timecode display bug
by on Dec 25, 2014 at 2:48:55 pm

There has been an intermittent bug in the way audio timecode of multicam sources is displayed in the timeline. Up until a few releases ago the multicam audio was treated like imported audio and was displayed as samples/milliseconds even though the associated video was displayed as frames. This was a major PITA, making sync an elusive object to find. Adobe fixed this problem with CC 2014 and, for the most part, the problem disappeared. However every once in a while, for no apparent reason, a project would get "infected" and the sample/millisecond display would come back and once installed, could not be dislodged from the project.

I still don't know why it shows up but the solution is to select the underlying multicam source timeline (or lines, you can fix multiple timelines in one step) in the browser, right click, choose "modify", choose "timecode" and then down in the "Time Display Format" box instead of "use default time code display" manually select the appropriate timecode setting for your timeline (for me it's 30fps drop-frame.) That's it, done, all timelines using those multicams will now display the correct timecode instead of samples.

I have no idea why the default setting get's out of whack, but when it does, this is the way to fix it.

Merry Xmas.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved