ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Red Frames from MXF clips

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris WalshRed Frames from MXF clips
by on Dec 19, 2014 at 11:38:57 pm

I just had my first encounter with Premiere's red frame error and it's nearly enough to send me back to Final Cut 7. Seems to be a well documented issue for several versions of the PP:

Source clips were MXF from Canon C500, imported fine, edited okay until I started splitting and l-cutting, when suddenly red frames appeared in timeline thumbnails and/or exports.

Clearing cache and restarting helped. Some exports were clean some were not. Some exports choked with a compile error. Frankly that is preferable since it saves me the time of having to QC every frame of the output.

Am planning a complete hard drive wipe, new OS, new CC install to see if it helps but if my only solution is to transcode C500 footage before importing, then I'll save the $50 a month and go back to FC7.

Chris Walsh
Silver Spring, MD
Premiere Pro CC, FC7 & AVID
Former Windows diehard and edit*or

Return to posts index

David GaudioRe: Red Frames from MXF clips
by on Dec 24, 2014 at 9:24:09 pm
Last Edited By David Gaudio on Dec 24, 2014 at 9:26:04 pm

I had this issue last year with one of the CC versions, but it was fixed in whatever version came out first in 2015. It was a critical error for me as the show I was editing promos for was all MXF-based.

No MXF issues with CC 2014 for me. I hope your problem is resolved quickly.

BTW I didn't have to wipe my hard drive at all; just the update from the beginning of this year did the trick.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved