ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Using keyframes to MANUALLY stabilize a shot frame by frame is NOT WORKING PROPERLY?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Notowitz
Using keyframes to MANUALLY stabilize a shot frame by frame is NOT WORKING PROPERLY?
on Dec 19, 2014 at 6:08:21 pm

Dear Premiere Pro experts,
Instead of using Warp Stabilizer, which for this particular clip, is not doing what I need, I want to manually stabilize the clip. I place a keyframe on each frame, adjust the position of that frame, and then move to the next frame and add the next keyframe.

My positioning of the frames seems right, but if I go backwards a few frames in my sequence, and then move forward frame by frame, the frames which I thought I had correctly positioned just a few seconds ago are now not properly positioned.

Can anyone help? I'm happy to share my screen with you online, and to get your input that way.
What is going on?
Thank you!
David

NCAVF, The National Center for Audio and Video Forensics
http://www.NCAVF.com

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
Re: Using keyframes to MANUALLY stabilize a shot frame by frame is NOT WORKING PROPERLY?
on Jan 2, 2015 at 5:06:34 pm

Can you check the keyframes to ensure all the interpolation is linear and that no auto-bezier or bezier interpolation has snuck in? Sometimes both PPro and After Effects make some absurd assumptions about how to interpolate keyframe paths unless they're forced into linear.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Adobe Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

Ivan Myles
Re: Using keyframes to MANUALLY stabilize a shot frame by frame is NOT WORKING PROPERLY?
on Jan 4, 2015 at 2:32:04 pm

Also, if you have access to After Effects try using Motion Stabilization instead. I can speak from personal experience that manual frame-by-frame stabilization is extremely time consuming.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]