ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

batch digitising a sequence from tape

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Mossbatch digitising a sequence from tape
by on Dec 19, 2014 at 12:41:30 pm

I have been tasked to create an edit using hours of rushes shot on Digibeta.

I would like to follow the traditional route - offline all rushes low res, online sequence digitising in high res only the shots in sequence plus handles- but I cannot seem to find a way of executing this using Premiere Pro CC.

This is entirely possible using FCP7 - digitise offline, edit, media manage sequence (excluding footage outside of sequence), batch digitise sequence (onlines only shots in sequence)

In Premiere there is 'Project Manager' which allows me to consolidate and transcode - here I can create a new project with the sequence offline, but the offline clip meta data shows the original full rushes In and Out timecodes.
It's possible to batch digitise the individual clips again, but I don't want to use any unnecessary space on my drives and its just not good practice.

Any thoughts / help out there??

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: batch digitising a sequence from tape
by on Dec 19, 2014 at 1:18:31 pm

Select all clips you want to capturein the project panel then File - Batch capture.

Return to posts index

Phil MossRe: batch digitising a sequence from tape
by on Dec 19, 2014 at 2:49:09 pm

Thanks for your reply Tero but I'm not sure you understood

I only want to online the clips that are in my sequence, and only the segments of the clips that feature in the sequence- not the whole of the clips

digitise 2 hours offline low res

edit a 3min sequence

digitise 3min sequence online high res

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved