ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Eyedropper tool in Premiere Pro not working

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hannah Sander
Eyedropper tool in Premiere Pro not working
on Dec 18, 2014 at 7:40:09 pm

Hello all,

I'm working in CS6 on Mac OS X Yosemite, and when I try to use the eyedropper tool, the color swatch responds to the color I'm hovering over, but my eyedropper whites out/locks up and won't allow me to select anything. When I click, all I get is an error "ping" and I end up having to completely click away from my window to revert the tool back to normal. I think I've seen somewhere that this may be a bug in Yosemite, as it seems there are eyedropper issues in AE and Photoshop as well.

I've tried trashing preferences and reinstalling the software, but the problem persists. I've also submitted a bug report to Adobe, but this is seriously affecting my workflow, as I use Ultra Key a lot for work, and I was wondering if anyone had a solution.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Bob Pierce
Re: Eyedropper tool in Premiere Pro not working
on Dec 19, 2014 at 2:12:32 pm

Are you running a dual display system by chance? I've had an issue with having the source viewer in my second display (on the mac). Every time I need to use an eyedropper I have to move the window over to the primary display to get it to work.
Bob

Return to posts index

Hannah Sander
on Dec 19, 2014 at 4:53:24 pm

Oh my goodness, it works!

What a totally strange bug, I never would have thought it was a monitor problem. Thank you so much!

Return to posts index

Blake Robertson
on Mar 26, 2015 at 4:08:15 pm

We just ran into this exact issue as well, thank you very much for your solution!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]