ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Dynamic Link with AE.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon RoughanDynamic Link with AE.
by on Dec 18, 2014 at 12:48:08 pm

Hello everyone,
I notice that when I import a Premiere Pro sequence into AE, it takes quite a big quality hit. What is nice and sharpe in Premiere looks soft and slightly out-of-focus in AE.

I read somewhere that certain effects dont carry over well into AE. Why is this? And whats the point of dynamic link when it is so constrained by what you can do to the footage in Premiere?
I have taken to doing all my keying work in premiere, because UltraKey is simply better than Keylight.
But then my keyed footage looks like shite in AE. I have to render a lossless QT.
Dynamic link is such a cool workflow, and really helps the process (in theory), but in reality is quite disappointing. Whats the point of a Ferrari when you can only drive it to the corner store?

You know I'm born to lose, and gambling is for fools, but that's the way I like it, baby. I don't want to live forever!

Return to posts index

Jake AbramsonRe: Dynamic Link with AE.
by on Dec 19, 2014 at 8:40:27 pm

Check the sequence settings in After Effects. I've had some strange things happen when the footage doesn't match the sequence, but after effects thinks it should.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved