ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro 5 not loading up on Mac

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris BurkePremiere Pro 5 not loading up on Mac
by on Dec 18, 2014 at 11:19:30 am

I have a problem with Premiere Pro not loading on a number macs. Its a long term issue that we haven't been able to resolve and I was hoping someone might have some ideas. (I am not a Premiere user just the techie trying to find a resolution)

The Mac I have been using is 10.6. (The issue is the same on our 10.8 macs as well I believe) I login as local admin load Premiere pro click new project -and on the general location panel I set the file path for files to the Scratch drive of the Mac which is set to everyone read and write. I get a new sequence box- I leave the settings as default click OK and Premiere loads OK.

So that's fine but this is the problem: We have students who login. They have limited accounts with some Mac relevant folders including library etc redirected to the network. The test account I am using has full control of the network home folder. I login with the test student account go through the same setup as before including pointing the file path to the scratch on the Mac (all users read and write permissions) accept the sequence page and Premiere doesn't load. The toolbar is there at the top but all I get is the spinning wheel and I eventually have to force quit the application.

Premiere does add some folders onto the scratch drive when logged in as the test user. So its performing some operations but failing to load application in a usable state. Has anyone comes across something similar?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved