ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Memory Leak fixed

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vince SanchezMemory Leak fixed
by on Dec 18, 2014 at 5:32:40 am

In this latest release a memory leaked that appeared in the previous version has been fixed, at least for me.
When trying to render Red Giant plugins in the .1 release, if I selected a lot of frames I would always get an out of memory error and my whole computer would lock up. I had to render small chunks, so in a 600 frame section I had to render 200 at a time and cross my fingers.
Well .2 release not only doesn't lock up, it renders the whole 600 frames faster than before.
That was my biggest problem with .1, so I don't know how any of the other fixes work.

Vince Sanchez
Intel 12 core Mac 2.66
Intel Dual Quad Core 3.0
OSX 10.4.11
Premerie CC

Return to posts index

Al JensenRe: Memory Leak fixed
by on Dec 18, 2014 at 6:29:40 am

I have an intermittent problem where Adobe Media Encoder encoding time will balloon to 5-10x the normal amount. I can solve it by closing both Premiere and AME and then re-opening AME and starting the project again. It happens often enough that I have a permanent Temp project file just for saving a temporary state while I close and re-open everything. It definitely feels like a memory leak issue, so I'm hoping the new version fixes it as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved