ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

I'm having a heck of a time exporting the right video format that I shot with my RX100-II

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard BoswellI'm having a heck of a time exporting the right video format that I shot with my RX100-II
by on Dec 17, 2014 at 7:37:29 pm

First -- I'm a total rookie. I'm a photoshop/illustrator guy but am just learning premiere and after effects. I shot a movie last year while I was in Thailand and I've spent the last few months periodically working on editing it.

The good news - it's finished.

The bad news - it renders horribly. The playback isn't too bad on my computer but once I upload to vimeo or youtube, it looks like total crap.

My original footage looks great.

When I right click on a clip in Premiere, this is what I see under properties:

File Path: X:\Raw Import\2014\Thailand\20140324-20140324220741.MTS
Type: MPEG Movie
File Size: 49.9 MB
Image Size: 1920 x 1080
Frame Rate: 29.97
Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - compressed - Stereo
Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo
Total Duration: 00:00:25:15
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0

Here are my sequence settings:

http://i.imgur.com/q1ZzHi0.jpg

Here are my export settings:

http://i.imgur.com/iN6toKF.jpg

When I google the problem, I see neverending confusion about interlaced/deinterlacing, MTS2 formats, 1080/30 vs. 1080/60, etc.... I'm so confused! I know that if I hit the "match sequence settings" I get horrible combing on moving objects, but outside of that I've tried a few other formats and the result always seems to be far lesser quality than my original footage.

What should I be exporting this as to upload to Youtube or Vimeo?

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: I'm having a heck of a time exporting the right video format that I shot with my RX100-II
by on Dec 17, 2014 at 9:37:08 pm

[Richard Boswell] "The bad news - it renders horribly. The playback isn't too bad on my computer but once I upload to vimeo or youtube, it looks like total crap."

So....the compressed export looks fine when played on your computer...not the raw camera files, but the export you make, right? Because YouTube and Vimeo recompress what you upload...EVEN IF you use a YouTube or Vimeo setting in Media Encoder.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Richard BoswellRe: I'm having a heck of a time exporting the right video format that I shot with my RX100-II
by on Dec 18, 2014 at 12:10:12 am

Thanks for the reply. I really think there's more going on than just the results of Youtube/Vimeo compression. The rendered video (even before uploading) looks considerably worse than my source footage. Would it help if I linked to source files vs. rendered files instead of screenshots of my settings?

Return to posts index

Richard BoswellRe: I'm having a heck of a time exporting the right video format that I shot with my RX100-II
by on Dec 19, 2014 at 2:07:00 pm

I've created a test output of just a single clip using different settings. I've also included the source file. Maybe someone can tell me where/why it's going wrong? I wouldn't think with h264 with a similar file size to the original source should be so lossy?

http://www.filedropper.com/outputtests

Return to posts index

Ivan MylesRe: I\'m having a heck of a time exporting the right video format that I shot with my RX100-II
by on Jan 4, 2015 at 2:17:30 pm

[Richard Boswell] \"I\'ve created a test output of just a single clip using different settings... http://www.filedropper.com/outputtests\"

Sorry, that link does not show the test file.

Are there a lot of quick cuts in your edited file? You can always try encoding at higher bitrates (20-40 Mbps) with a maximum bitrate at least 1.5x the average setting. It might not impact the re-encoded YouTube file, but it will help with troubleshooting.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]