ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro 2014.2 posted

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis RadekePremiere Pro 2014.2 posted
by on Dec 17, 2014 at 1:36:38 am

along with other app updates. You can read about Premiere updates here:

Dennis - Adobe guy

Return to posts index

Robert WithersRe: Premiere Pro 2014.2 posted
by on Dec 17, 2014 at 3:40:48 pm

More than 20 bug fixes! Would that Adobe would see the wisdom of doing an update that would just make the software solid and predictable in its current version, instead of adding new features and bugs each round.

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

Mark MapesRe: Premiere Pro 2014.2 posted
by on Dec 18, 2014 at 3:37:21 am

The blog post that Dennis linked to has only a partial list of issues addressed--generally the higher profile ones. This forum thread is more comprehensive: And even that list of 78 fixes is not complete; it excludes fixes when it wasn't clear from the bug report whether the issue dated back to CC2014.1 or was introduced (and fixed) in the course of the 2014.2 cycle.
I'm not sure exactly what your point is Robert. If I'm interpreting it correctly, this release is almost exactly what you're asking for: overwhelmingly bug fixes with only a handful of new features, none of which entailed the kind of fundamental changes to the code that risk destabilizing things.

Mark Mapes
Adobe OnLocation QA Manager

Return to posts index

Dennis RadekeRe: Premiere Pro 2014.2 posted
by on Dec 18, 2014 at 3:15:11 pm

If only pleasing customers were as simple as you describe! Unfortunately, it isn't and neither is there any ease in developing for a complex and mature market such as non-linear editing.

I get and understand where you coming from and let me assure you that Adobe strives for that goal with every release. Seriously...

The reality is that a certain number of bugs will always be there for a program as complex and powerful as Premiere Pro. Anyone who tells you differently is lying to you. Premiere Pro is over 1 million lines of code and the overall stability of it is astounding.

To put that in perspective, I would wager that the '20 bugs' you point out as fixed were ones that you never personally bumped into.

The other half of the equation is that if we did not do features for a substantial period of time, our customers would be upset. There is a living contract if you will between Adobe and the customer due to the subscription nature of the business. If we stop innovating and fixing bugs, the customer can and will decide to opt out.

So yes, we fixed some bugs and we will always continue to do so. If we're focused and consistent as we have been, we will retain and gain customers that are generally pleased with our progress and development. Comments like yours, while not fun for us, continue to keep us focused on ever greater stability with all of our products.

Dennis - Adobe guy

Return to posts index

Chris BorjisRe: Premiere Pro 2014.2 posted
by on Dec 18, 2014 at 5:43:22 pm

My experience has been that newer releases more often than not, speed
things up, fix issues and offer more stability if there was an issue with it.

The only version I had issues with and avoided was the initial release of 2014.

All the other updates have been great and 2014.1 was especially good on the
new features. like being able to change an existing sequence's frame rate for the first time. nice!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved