ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Warp stabilizer moves image out of frame.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andreas Ahston
Warp stabilizer moves image out of frame.
on Dec 14, 2014 at 6:15:25 pm

Since the last update of premiere, applying warp stabilizer to a clip will cause it to almost dissapair from the frame (See image). This is consistent in every clip where the effect is applied in any project I have tried. It can be worked around by switiching renderer to engine software only, but this is far from optimal.

As so many others in the business I have recently abandoned the old final cut pro 7 for Adobe Premiere Pro and I must say I'm not at all impressed. The amount of crashes and bizarre bugs and issues takes a few hours a week of my time. It's not stable and the constant updates every few months seems to cause more problems than they are solving. Lots of problems with onlining and linking to material; The strange fact that adobe Premiere is not working nearly as well with adobe photoshop as FCP did; Not to mention that the autosave function does not necessarily make the copies I've set it to, causing me to loose hours of work when the program crashes -which seems to be the only thing it does reliably. And then there was the speedgrade with it's clever direct link to premiere. That would be really clever, if it could actually launch.

Adobe, if you are out there, you got to do better than this. You can't sell this as a serious tool if it's not stable. Maybe avid is a better choice.

Return to posts index

Alon david
Re: Warp stabilizer moves image out of frame.
on Dec 15, 2014 at 1:46:14 am

BH

Same here. it cropped the whole entire image out and I set it to Stablize only, without any cropping. On one shot I only have like an inch of the original image. Far from optimal, that was sarcasm by the way, it has to be a bug or something. Anyone else out there have this same issue

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Dec 16, 2014 at 3:55:43 pm

Hi Andreas,
I think I know what's going on here.

Try changing the Mercury Playback Engine to Software Only mode. It's a known issue with a fix coming in the next version of Premiere Pro.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Support Product Manager—DVA
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Alon david
on Dec 17, 2014 at 4:39:55 am

wow thanks so much it worked. BH

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
on Dec 18, 2014 at 3:52:35 am

Hi Alon,

As Kevin mentioned this should be working as expected in the latest release of Premiere Pro CC 2014.2. You will no longer need to change to Software rendering.

Best,

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]