ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Adding an existing clip (or clips) to a multicam sequence?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt RiggleAdding an existing clip (or clips) to a multicam sequence?
by on Dec 14, 2014 at 3:21:21 pm

I am waiting on footage from a live event that was already shot. I have two out of the three angles (and audio) and am wanting to start editing.

Is there a way to begin and then, once I receive the third angle, add it to the multicam clip and sync it up?

If not, any ideas for another way of doing this?

Info: it's a concert with talking and music--all three cameras have audio (along with board audio). Also, all three cameras started and stopped recording many tines during the show.

I'm using Premiere 2014 CC

Thanks for any help.

Matt

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Adding an existing clip (or clips) to a multicam sequence?
by on Dec 15, 2014 at 2:01:17 pm

Remember that a mutlicam sequence is just a sequence.

If later….you add another track with the additional angle, it will will automatically be available as a choice in the viewer.

I'm not super up on all the different sync techniques. I have traditionally just done it by hand, finding a common reference point and editing it to a track in the sequence accordingly….

if your material is not continuous this can make it more difficult, but not insurmountable….

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

Return to posts index

Matt RiggleRe: Adding an existing clip (or clips) to a multicam sequence?
by on Dec 15, 2014 at 2:08:23 pm

Gotcha. Thanks for the reply. I messed around with it after I posted and have a better grasp. I didn't realize you could right-click and "open in timeline." Makes muuuch more sense now.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]