ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

"The project appears to be damaged, it cannot be opened" Adobe Premiere Pro V. 7.2.2

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Barry O'Brien
"The project appears to be damaged, it cannot be opened" Adobe Premiere Pro V. 7.2.2
on Dec 12, 2014 at 5:37:14 pm

I have a question. I have a Adobe Premiere Pro project that I created on a Mac Pro dual core, running OS 10.7.5. The project is on an external hard drive, and I think all the required files are inside the master project folder.

I took the hard drive over to an associates and tried to open it on his Mac Pro, running OS 10.6.8 and his version of Premiere Pro CS6

I got a warning: "The project appears to be damaged, it cannot be opened"

I came back and tried to open the project on another Mac Pro 8 core also running 10.6.8 and Premiere CS6. I get the same warning.

Is it because you can't go backwards from CC (7.2.2) to CS6?

Thank you in advance.

Barry O'Brien

I am just a few months into using Premiere Pro, so

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
Re: "The project appears to be damaged, it cannot be opened" Adobe Premiere Pro V. 7.2.2
on Dec 12, 2014 at 6:22:51 pm

[Barry O'Brien] "Is it because you can't go backwards from CC (7.2.2) to CS6?"

Yes!

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Barry O'Brien
Re: "The project appears to be damaged, it cannot be opened" Adobe Premiere Pro V. 7.2.2
on Dec 12, 2014 at 6:46:14 pm

OK, great. Thanks! Case closed.

So if I upgrade my other computer to 7.2.2 I should be able to open the project on either machine?

Are the newer versions, beyond Premiere Pro CC 7.2.2. stable? Are there any downsides to downloading the newest version?

I have limited memory - 9 Gbs.

Thank you,

Barry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]