ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Why is Premiere creating duplicate cfa and pek files?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan WoodworthWhy is Premiere creating duplicate cfa and pek files?
by on Dec 11, 2014 at 7:50:12 pm

Haven't found an answer to this in my searching, mainly just people wondering what these files are for. I can't figure out how to stop Premiere from conforming duplicate cfa and pek files (as you can see in this screenshot of my file window).

The duplicate files are a serious waste of harddrive space.
I like having these files in the same location as the project on a portable harddrive because I go back and forth between working on my desktop and my laptop.

Return to posts index

Chris BorjisRe: Why is Premiere creating duplicate cfa and pek files?
by on Dec 11, 2014 at 11:13:34 pm

what version are you on?

I think it was solved with 2014.1

at least it did when copying to other drives

Return to posts index

Jordan WoodworthRe: Why is Premiere creating duplicate cfa and pek files?
by on Dec 12, 2014 at 10:48:05 pm

I'm on 2014.1 so still not sure what's going on.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 30, 2014 at 7:38:34 pm

Anyone else having this problem? This still is happening to me everytime I switch between my laptop and desktop. All files live on my external harddrive. Very annoying because I have to wait an hour or more to work on my project once I've opened it up (usually due to not being able to hear audio because other files are in line ahead of certain files in the "conforming" list). Wish there was a way to force conform.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 31, 2014 at 11:22:24 pm

Anyone else having this problem? This still is happening to me everytime I switch between my laptop and desktop. All files live on my external harddrive. Very annoying because I have to wait an hour or more to work on my project once I've opened it up (usually due to not being able to hear audio because other files are in line ahead of certain files in the "conforming" list). Wish there was a way to force conform.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 26, 2015 at 9:34:02 pm

Well I think I may have figured out why Premiere is creating duplicate cfa and pek files. When I open my project and I see it trying to conform a file, I close Premiere without saving my project and then reopen the project. If it tries to conform again I repeat. It seems to let Premiere "catch up"...it's as if Premiere is asking itself where are these cfa and pek files, but then not giving itself enough time to answer that question so it just starts creating new ones. But if I open the project up a couple times, it's like it gets it wound up so it's ready to show itself where these files are so there's no confusion and it then properly uses the original cfa and pek files. Not sure how this is possible but it seems to be the fix.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]