ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

5.1 + Lt/Rt audio tutorial?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Brame5.1 + Lt/Rt audio tutorial?
by on Dec 11, 2014 at 4:31:22 pm

Working on my first 'ad for cinema', and the preferred deliverable for audio is 5.1 + Lt/Rt. I'm delivering digital files, not tape. My audio consists of two tracks - one for the VO, and another for music. Does anyone know of a tutorial that would help the non-audio engineer in this process?

Thanks!!

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia GeForce GTX 770 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC * QuickTime 7.7.5
-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

David ParkerRe: 5.1 + Lt/Rt audio tutorial?
by on Dec 12, 2014 at 1:30:54 am

First of all do you know what Lt/Rt is? It's a special stereo downmix of 5.1 designed to be decoded by dolby tech.

Lt/Rt mixes are really hard to get right, and since you are not in surround, why would you even bother? Just give them a Stereo mix (Lo/Ro in dolby terminology), and it should play fine.

If you want to spacialize your music into quad surround, and have the vo coming out the center then you will need to get the 5.1 mix first, then go to Lt/Rt with a hardware dolby encoder or some software solution.

Return to posts index

Steve BrameRe: 5.1 + Lt/Rt audio tutorial?
by on Dec 12, 2014 at 2:30:57 am

[David Parker] "First of all do you know what Lt/Rt is?"

Nope, but apparently they do since they're asking for it.

[David Parker] "If you want to spacialize your music into quad surround..."

I don't necessarily, but apparently they do, since they're asking for it.

[David Parker] "Just give them a Stereo mix"

I certainly can do this, and then they will more than likely conform to their desired specs, and then they will charge my client for that, which I feel certain that my client will pass on to me. But I'm trying to ascertain that now.

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia GeForce GTX 770 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC * QuickTime 7.7.5
-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Richard KnightRe: 5.1 + Lt/Rt audio tutorial?
by on Dec 12, 2014 at 4:18:07 pm

Here is the link to the Surcode manual, this is the plugin for Premiere for 5.1 encoding. This manual also contains the link for the Dolby Digital web site.

http://www.minnetonkaaudio.com/info/PDFs/Manuals/SurCode_Adobe_Manual.pdf

It is quite hard going for a non sound tech

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]