ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Macro view?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam JohnstonMacro view?
by on Dec 11, 2014 at 3:52:52 am

Often when editing projects I invariably end up using hundreds of video clips and in the end the minor adjustments & perfectionism of cuts & clip length/fades etc end up taking most of the time--most of this relates to adjusting the playhead to a position on the timeline and scanning through the monitor at video, once I find something that needs an adjustment I go to the timeline and zoom in just a little bit to work. But with the way the snap tool is and the way fades are extremely finicky it takes a good 10-15 seconds for getting the timeline into a position which allows me to work on the small details without having to zoom in and out every 5 seconds.

I'm a little surprised that I can't find anything on Google relating to spiltview timeline, multiple views of timelines or timeline macro view, so as far as I can surmise this doesn't exist on any video editing system? Or am I missing some obvious way to achieve this?

Surely this must be a useful feature to have.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved