ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

DnxHd export quality issues

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
taras grovesDnxHd export quality issues
by on Dec 8, 2014 at 6:23:00 pm

Hey there, justba quick one.

I'm in the middle of trying to export a master sequence of my final film so i can have the best possible quality and am having some difficulties with dnxhd settings.

My footage is 25fps progressive (shot on the af100) and i am exporting as the appropriate dnxhd setting bar two things, one is in the media exporter box theres an option for what bit setting to export the files as. When ive chosen 24 bit a lot of the footage looks blocky in the fine lines and pretty poor when i reimport back into premiere. Then when i choose the highest bit setting (64 bit) it looks a lot better yet pretty similar/identical to my exported h264 files (which ive heard are bad for compression and not ideal master files). Am i doing something wrong or will dnxhd not offer much more for an 8 bit camera such as the af100?

Secondly, when ive exported dnxhd files as rec 709 colour space and imported them in premiere (as i havemany sequences that need to be put together and exported again as a whole film) premiere messes up the colour and the footage looks horroble even when exporting back out. When i try rgb colour space dnxhd it seems fine, but im worried this may be a reason for the blockyness in the exporting?

Sorry for the essay and any and all advice will be much appreciated! Feeling like i should stick with h.264!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved