ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere CC, MXF files and Pluraleyes

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis RainaldiPremiere CC, MXF files and Pluraleyes
by on Dec 8, 2014 at 6:16:24 pm

I am working as an assistant editor right now on a feature that was shot on a C300. I'm going through the process of sync'ing the footage via pluraleyes. I have heard that it is important to keep the folder structure of the .mxf files that the C300 creates but the way plural eyes works you have to break the file structure by separating just the mxf files in a separate folder.
This is an example of my workflow:
We shot scene 5 on the C300 and it had four takes.
The C300 creates four separate folders, one for each take. In side the folders are four files. One is the .mxf file.
I am moving the .mxf file to a folder called "video scene 5".
This seems to work with plural eyes and the footage is being sync'd properly.
I am editing in Premier CC.
My worry is that when it comes time to color correct or export to Pro Res that those other 3 files associated with the video file will be needed. Does anyone know if this will cause a problem?

Return to posts index

Kyle TurgeonRe: Premiere CC, MXF files and Pluraleyes
by on Dec 10, 2014 at 4:02:30 pm

i don't have any familiarity with c300 footage specifically, but instead of moving the .mxf file, could you copy it/them into a new folder for the sync, and then once in premiere, offline the folder and relink the media to the original c300 directory?

Kyle Turgeon // Filmmaker
Nashville, TN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved