ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro to MPEG-2 for DVD Interlace Problems

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul JonesPremiere Pro to MPEG-2 for DVD Interlace Problems
by on Dec 7, 2014 at 5:27:09 pm

I hope somebody can give me advise on this.
I have created many SD DVD's from various edits but I'm struggling with this current problem.
I have an edit in Premiere Pro CC on a progressive HD timeline with H264 footage shot on a Canon 5D.
I also have a front and end animated logo where I have put some a spinning motion on the logo using basic 3D etc.
I need to create an SD DVD, so I export MPEG-2 for DVD with the setting to progressive.
The MPEG-2 that is created to make the DVD is fine with all the footage but it is interlaced on the moving logo.
I have tried moving to an interlaced timelime but it makes no difference.
I have tried upper and lower fields on the logo sequence.
I have tried exporting the MPEG-2 upper and lower and nothing seems to make difference.
The interlacing on the moving logo is also there when you burn the DVD. It is there when you playback though DVD player on the mac and also the same on a plasma TV using a normal home DVD player.
The only place the spinning logo looks normal is on the Premiere Pro timeline or when you export to MPEG4 or Quicktime, it only seems to be a problem with the MPEG-2 export for DVD.
I could really appreciate some advice on this as I need to burn a load of DVD's for distribution.
Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Ken MitchellRe: Premiere Pro to MPEG-2 for DVD Interlace Problems
by on Dec 8, 2014 at 2:37:39 pm
Last Edited By Ken Mitchell on Dec 8, 2014 at 2:38:50 pm

Sounds like you need to de-interlace the logo sequence before you put it in the timeline. If you are on a mac you could do it in compressor OR put a gaussian blur on the logo animation in the timeline. Set it for Blur Dimensions for Vertical and start out the Blurriness at about 0.6 and increase it slightly until it improves. This will only create a blend deinterlace and not an adaptive de-interlace but should make it look better than it was. This will not compensate for frame blending.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved