ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Adobe MediaCore CS6 has stopped working

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabriel SanchezAdobe MediaCore CS6 has stopped working
by on Dec 7, 2014 at 12:55:46 pm
Last Edited By Gabriel Sanchez on Dec 7, 2014 at 3:07:27 pm

I´ve searched a lot in the web, in Adobe forums and in the CreativeCow too for a solution to this problem and although i´ve seen others with same problem, still haven´t found a solution. Working in PPro CS6 v.6.0.5.
My system specs (PC):
- i7 4930k 3.3ghz overclock
- 32 gb ram
- 5x SSD OCZ Vector 240 gb drives (Sistem drive C:, PPRO previews and renders, proyects and media cache, exports, AE cache)
- 9 TB Raid0 (3x3TB seagate barracuda hard drives) for footage and media.
- EVGA Nvidia GTX780 Ti, connected 3 monitors, 2 for program interface (DVI) 1 for fullframe previews (mini Dysplay Port)
- Quicktime 7.6.6

I´m working in a 6 chapter series for TV broadcast with a deadline, 43 min. long each, with lots of different footages (XDCAM EX, AVC, AVCHD, DNxHD), so it a huge proyect with about 110 mb premiere proyects sizes, one for each chapter.
PPRO sequences are XDCAM EX 1080p 25, with some dynamic linked AE comps. AME in hardware mode with cuda supported cards.txt edited as CS6 still hadn´t certified my graphics card (i think now it is for CC2014)
There´s no problem usually loading proyects and works fine.

But one day i open Premiere and when the proyect is loaded, an error occurs, saying that Mediacore CS6 has stopped working. Then i can´t play any video, even playhead stays stopped, no playback at all. It usually happens when some movie (Avid DNxHD codec) is involved. I have Avid Codecs LE v.2.3.7 installed.
All the thumbnails of every video dissapears, even still images thumbnails in proyect folders dissapear.
In the system events i see a fail in Adobe QT32 server.exe, but don´t know how to solve it. I´ve restored system plenty of times, and doing it the playback works again and everything works ok.
Heard others saying that reinstalling Quicktime or Avid Codecs didn´t solve the problem, so i haven´t done it.

I suspect that some Windows7 update is making a mess in the config or overwriting files, i´ve deactivated every Windows7 update, even uninstalled the antivirus (MS Security Essentials) and added rules in my Firewall to allow QT32 server procceses involved in every Adobe App.
But it still comes back, randomly, being my only solution making a System Restore to get everything working again. I think some windows update is probably causing the problem, but although i´ve deactivated them, the system still makes critical updates which are hidden and i can´t avoid.

I´ll format my system and make a clean reinstall of everything including the OS when the proyect finishes, but i´m afraid making it in the middle of this huge work which deadline is January 2015, so i can´t do this until that date.

So can anyone please help me to solve this or give me a clue to find out a solution?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved