ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

order of Sequences

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc Nibororder of Sequences
by on Dec 6, 2014 at 7:58:55 pm
Last Edited By Marc Nibor on Dec 6, 2014 at 8:22:27 pm

this almost seems like I stumbled on a bug. just noticed that the order of the sequence tabs randomly changes EACH TIME i open the file.
That said my hopes to get an answer are down to zero... ; )

I am working on a project with 24 sequences. I have numbered (named) the sequences 01-24 and they are all "open". So that I see the number (name) on the tab and therefor can navigate fast and easy between them.

The problem is that they somehow rearrange their order!

When I opened the project this morning the tabs were not in the order like 01,02,03,04.... etc. the order changed to something like 22,19,02,16..... etc.
I thought that I might have accidentally messed it up... arranged the order back and resaved the file with a different name.

after a few hours work and opening a few different projects the order was messed up again. I don't recall what I did that might have caused it.

the funny thing... I went back to the save with the "fixed" order and strangely the tabs were messed up too. so I assume this is might be a "workspace" issue.

does anyone know how to "fix" this?

Return to posts index

Paul NeumannRe: order of Sequences
by on Dec 7, 2014 at 1:45:17 am
Last Edited By Paul Neumann on Dec 7, 2014 at 1:50:04 am

Make Save be the last thing you do before you quit. Like cmmd S, cmmd Q.

Return to posts index

Marc NiborRe: order of Sequences
by on Dec 9, 2014 at 10:13:52 pm

Got a solution!

I tried what you suggested but the problem was still the same!
The solution was indeed in the workspace as I thought.

I found it out like this:
When I saved the file with 24 open sequence tabs, and reopened, everything was fine until I opened another file.

The solution was to save a workspace along with the file.
I'm not sure if this is supposed to be the correct way to do those kind of things... but it works.

As usual... thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved