ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

External video monitor w/ new Mac Pro

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob DoroughExternal video monitor w/ new Mac Pro
by on Dec 5, 2014 at 6:33:47 pm

Just set up a few new trash cans in edit suites with two Apple displays on each. Will be using Premiere Pro to edit. I have a large HMDI monitor for client viewing in each suite. I plug that into the HMDI slot on the Mac Pro and it shows up as a third desktop. I don't want this - I want it to exclusively show my video output from PP. Do I need to change my setup or am I missing a hardware component? Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: External video monitor w/ new Mac Pro
by on Dec 5, 2014 at 7:28:58 pm

Missing hardware. Video IO device from or Cheapest solution is the Decklink Ultrastudio Mini Monitor from blackmagic.

But AJA also has the T-TAP, and in my experience, AJA is slightly more solid, plus they have great tech support. Worth the little extra you pay...and that's why you pay a little extra.

Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Bob DoroughRe: External video monitor w/ new Mac Pro
by on Dec 5, 2014 at 7:32:50 pm

Thanks, Shane. I actually figured it out just now. Premiere Pro has Playback options in the Preferences menu. That allowed me to select which monitors to send video out to.

Return to posts index

Eric SantiagoRe: External video monitor w/ new Mac Pro
by on Jan 23, 2015 at 7:35:48 pm
Last Edited By Eric Santiago on Jan 23, 2015 at 7:42:11 pm

Just got a hold of a Sony PVM X300 for demo.

Ive been wanting to test a 4K display from an UltraStudio 4K.

Great luck with FCPX and Resolve with both HD-SDI and HDMI at UHD res.

REDCINE not so much, just crashes.

It does work via Rocket not sure why it craps out through UltraStudio.

Now my real problem.

I cant get this to work with Premiere Pro CC 2014.

Ive updated the DesktopVideo to 10.3.5 (latest) and everything else works except for Premiere?

Ive set the BMD as Playback in Prefs and turned everything on that was working before updating to CC.

Last known Video Output for us with Premiere was CS6 and DeckLink Extreme.

Return to posts index

Gavin McGlynnRe: External video monitor w/ new Mac Pro
by on Jul 6, 2015 at 4:38:26 pm
Last Edited By Gavin McGlynn on Jul 6, 2015 at 5:54:31 pm

How did you figure this out? I'm having the same issue and I can't figure it out. Checked the mercury transmit option in preferences>playback but nothing is working. Thanks!

Basically just trying to avoid buying an video I/O card, but it looks like I will need one anyways for Resolve.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved