ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Cutting audio/video in Premiere Pro CC without it loosing sync

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Hill
Cutting audio/video in Premiere Pro CC without it loosing sync
on Dec 5, 2014 at 2:55:27 am

Hey all, veteran (I guess) PP user, and don't ask for system specs, I know its not a comp issue, just built this AMD FX8320, 3.5GHZ 8 core with 8GB ram and 2GB graphics with a samsung SSD....windows 7PRO!

That being said, lol, I am having an issue (In Premiere Pro CC) with using the razor tool and loosing audio sync. I bring in a video channel w/ audio, and then a separate audio track, we used claps (no visual clapper, just audio) to sync the audio tracks. Its all well and good and the sound is spot on, but I need to make cuts for episodes, and when i make a cut, the audio (that isn't attached to the video track), is off my 1-1.5 frames....thoughts, I have to make many cuts so having to zoom in/out over and over to nudge the audio track is very annoying and frustrating because it never sounds 100% like when I first lined them up with the claps. I have used the "show audio time units" but regardless every new cut, the audio is a smidgen off, and its irritating.

Is there a simple remedy?

Return to posts index

Zoë Davis
Re: Cutting audio/video in Premiere Pro CC without it loosing sync
on Dec 5, 2014 at 1:17:28 pm

Silly question perhaps, but is your snap de-selected?

Return to posts index

Chris Hill
on Dec 7, 2014 at 11:37:55 pm

Snap was de-selected, maybe I will try cutting with snap on. Thanks, see silly things go out the window sometimes when you are focused in on different things.

Return to posts index

Jake Abramson
on Dec 5, 2014 at 9:47:08 pm

What is the video file format? I find some of the long GOP frame video formats lose sync with the audio portion. Converting to something more edit friendly usually does the trick.

Return to posts index

Chris Hill
on Dec 7, 2014 at 11:40:29 pm

pretty standard, MP4's thank you for your reply.

Return to posts index

Simon Osborn
on Jun 29, 2015 at 10:05:59 pm

Hi Chris,

Was this ever solved? Currently having problems importing FarCry4 mp4 files with the same issue, video/audio is out of sync, even before I cut the file. It plays perfectly in KMPlayer. Snap is on ;)...

Return to posts index

Chris Hill
on Jun 30, 2015 at 12:10:02 am

Sorry Simon I never found an resolution, I have tried (snap on/off, etc.) I just pay super close attention to when I make a cut if there is some sync issues. For some reason as I make more and more cuts, One audio channel is off.

I use shit+click for razor tool now and it cuts all lines (audio+video)

Your issue sounds very different, the audio is out of sync when you import? Has it trans-coded everything yet? Or "index" I guess is the term. Sometimes, If I have left my Premiere CC open too long the video freezes in the preview window. Closing/opening the program helps me, not sure if that will help you. Best of luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]