ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

MultiCam refusing to synch up. What am I doing wrong?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harry Bromley-DavenportMultiCam refusing to synch up. What am I doing wrong?
by on Dec 4, 2014 at 11:29:30 pm

Good afternoon, Happy Editors,

I can't get PremPro cc 2014 to sync up 4 files which are about 1 hour each and are HDV.

They sync up just fine in Pluraleyes and FCP7 is cool with the Pluraleyes output.

Here are the steps I take in Prem Pro cc 2014. I must be doing something wrong. Could it be the HDV? I don't think so. HDV picture plays just fine:

1. New Project in PP.

2. Import the 4 files. (I have done this both by drag and drop and also via the PP media Browser.

3. Put the 4 files into a bin.

4. Highlit the bin and did "Create Multi Camera Source sequence".

5. It takes forever, but eventually produces what it thinks is a synced up Multiclip file.

6. Tried double clicking this Multiclip file (as instructed in manual and other online videos) This did not send it over to the Timeline.

7. Dragged Multiclip over to Timeline. Fine.

8. Went to wrench icon in Program Monitor and chose and chose Multi Camera.

9. Result is that I get 4 sources on left side of Program monitor and large image of the one I have chosen on the right hand side.

10. I play the result and it is absolutely not in sync. Not even near.

It did seem to be synching the 4 files up because it took ages to do so - about 5 or 10 minutes.

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks for reading this. Obviously I can get no sense out of the tech support line in New Delhi.I wonder if the Adobe people know or care about how atrocious their tech support is.

Best wishes,

Harry

PS.

I have tried exporting an XML from FCP and importing it into PP. Also have tried exporting an XML from Pluraleyes and importing into PP. Result is NG.

PPS. Have run Disk Warrior, trashed Prefs etc etc.

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: MultiCam refusing to synch up. What am I doing wrong?
by on Dec 5, 2014 at 12:33:07 am

I'm not in front of PPro right now, but I've literally used it to sync hundreds of hours of media (2-3 camera shoots plus outboard audio) and it worked 99% of the time for me. It's also been pretty fast (16 hours worth of footage/audio synced up in 10-15 minutes).

How are you trying to sync it? Timecode, audio, in point?

Return to posts index

Harry Bromley-DavenportRe: MultiCam refusing to synch up. What am I doing wrong?
by on Dec 5, 2014 at 12:38:29 am

I'm trying to sync by audio waveform. There is definitely audio on the tracks and these 4 files sync up ok in Pluraleyes.

I go to the "Create Multi-Camera Source Sequence window and check the AUDIO button. For "Track Channel" I have tried both "Mix Down" and "1".

I have tried with and without "Move Source clips to processed clips bin" checked.

Below, where there is a box marked "Audio", I have not experimented but have left the defaults: "Sequence settings - camera 1" and "Audio Channels Preset - Automatic"

Any ideas?

Many thanks for the response.

Harry.

Return to posts index

Paul NeumannRe: MultiCam refusing to synch up. What am I doing wrong?
by on Dec 5, 2014 at 5:14:10 am

Start by right clicking on the MC clip in the Project Bin and select Open In Timeline. Have a look and see what is and isn't lining up.

Return to posts index

Harry Bromley-DavenportRe: MultiCam refusing to synch up. What am I doing wrong?
by on Dec 5, 2014 at 6:52:53 am

Thank you very much for your response and suggestion.

I can see that the 4 video/audio files have staggered start points. This is good and what I would expect.

Also, the start points of each one of the video/audio tracks appear to be in sync with themselves in that video and audio appear at the same moment on the timeline.

By a process of soloing and muting the 4 individual video and audio tracks, I find that all the audio is synched up ok. However, none of the 4 video tracks is in sync with this perfectly synched audio.

However, Video tracks 1 and 2 are in sync with each other - but those 2 video tracks are not in sync with the audio - nor are they in sync with video tracks 3 & 4. Video 3 & 4 are also out of sync with each other

Clearly I am making a major mistake.

Perhaps you have an idea? Or another test for me to do?

Thank you again for your time. I truly appreciate your response and apologize for my stupidity. By the way, I'm an experienced editor who has been with FCP from around the year 2000. So I'm attempting to jump ship.

Harry.

Return to posts index

Sam LanesRe: MultiCam refusing to synch up. What am I doing wrong?
by on Dec 5, 2014 at 9:11:59 am

If the sync is just refusing to work, you can always manually shift individual tracks within the 'MC' timeline view that you are already in.

Just occasionally, things like this can happen, and it can be quicker just to make the corrections yourself rather than try and force the issue automatically.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 5, 2014 at 9:13:28 pm

Thank you very much for the response. Although I could shift the tracks around to get them into sync, Premiere Pro is supposed to be able to do this for me and I am almost certain that it is me who has made a mistake somewhere in the process.

Thanks anyway,

Harry.

Return to posts index

Zoë DavisRe: MultiCam refusing to synch up. What am I doing wrong?
by on Dec 5, 2014 at 1:25:35 pm

Have you set the in-points on each clip (or set to use timecode, if you are using time code to sync). If the camera was not recording one single clip per angle (i.e. if there are gaps throughout), then use separate sequences for your different angles, (starting each sequence at the clap) and create your multi camera source sequence out of your separate sequences (I sometimes use sequences instead of clips to create a multi camera source sequence)

Return to posts index

by on Dec 5, 2014 at 7:32:23 pm

Thank you for the reply.

As I said in my original post, there are 4 files involved. So I am attempting to sync up 4 audio/video files. There are no audio gaps. There are no gaps of any kind. They are contiguous files which synched up just fine in Pluraleyes.

Many thanks for your time,

Harry.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]