ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Re-capturing tape media, timecode is shifted

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim StonesiferRe-capturing tape media, timecode is shifted
by on Dec 4, 2014 at 7:45:13 pm

I admittedly haven't done much with working with offline footage, hence the need for your expertise: I have an old project that I need to revisit. It was shot on HDV tape, and I have all of those, ready to import. I also have the original Premiere project file.

Doing what seems intuitive, I right-click on the offline tape in the project panel and select 'Batch Capture.' The timecode in is 00:00:00:09. TC out is 01:01:50:02. Now, when I select 'Capture In/Out,' It tells me that it can't get to the first frame of video. This makes sense, since 9 frames leaves no room for preroll. I modify the TC In/Out to be 00:00:30:09 (30 secs in from original), and TC out to 01:01:40:02 (10 secs earlier from the original).

Now, when the tape is finished, I get a new file in my project panel, and the old clip is still seen as offline. Next, I've tried both 'Link Media' and 'Replace Footage...' for the old clip, using my newly captured video as the replacement. This comes close to working, except that the edited media does not line up with where it should be.

I'm surely doing something wrong somewhere in this process. I'll welcome any suggestions... Thanks!

Return to posts index

Tim StonesiferRe: Re-capturing tape media, timecode is shifted
by on Dec 8, 2014 at 3:32:34 pm

Anybody? I'm curious what the usual workflow is for recapturing an offline tape, even if you don't have an idea for how to fix my time shift issues.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved