ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

CC apps crash when trying to reorder a layer/clip - OS X Yosemite 10.10.1

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean CussonCC apps crash when trying to reorder a layer/clip - OS X Yosemite 10.10.1
by on Dec 4, 2014 at 1:08:18 pm

I have a colleague who's been dealing with this problem for a few days now. He has trashed his preferences and even reinstalled After Effects and the problem still persists. If anyone can shed some light on the issue I would really appreciate it.

"I am experiencing this issue in After Effects, Premiere, and Illustrator CC 2014 but haven't had it in Photoshop as of yet.

As soon as I grab a layer in After Effects or Illustrator and try to reorder it up or down with the mouse the app instantly crashes. After effects saves out a crash .aep file and then hangs indefinitely while Illustrator crashes to a crash report. If I use the keyboard shortcut in After Effects to reorder the layer up/down it functions fine.

Premier has a similar issue when I grab a clip and try and drag it to a different track. It crashes and attempts to make a save file but doesn't generate a crash report.

All programs function normally after a reboot then the issues rear their heads seemingly at random and persist until next reboot."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved