ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

ppro problems still

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Cooneyppro problems still
by on Dec 4, 2014 at 6:13:12 am

Why am I still having playback issues with PPRo? IT seems layered gfx and video clips with effects are still struggling. When working at Coke we had major problems with the 12Core 2014 MacPros... now I am running on a 2013 iMac which is a bit better.. but still having issues with playback. I don't understand . Is Adobe just wanting us all to migrate to PC? why doesn't this software work and run predictably? I'm ready to move to FCPX God forbid.

any input would be great...

Running 32GB on a 2014 iMac with 2GB of RAM and CUDA

Head of Post Production, Coca-Cola Studios Atlanta, GA. Telly Award Winning Editor and Motion Gfx Artist.

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: ppro problems still
by on Dec 4, 2014 at 12:27:06 pm

What's your media playback system? That matters even more for realtime playback.

Also, we tend to edit in 1/2 to 1/4 resolution during our primary editing and then bring it up to full when we're done with the primary cut.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Craft and Career Advice & Training from real Working Creative Professionals

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Brian CooneyRe: ppro problems still
by on Dec 5, 2014 at 3:57:05 am

Thanks Walter. I'm running a USB mixing board and video playback through iMac only. I will try using 1/2 rez. doesn't seem right though huh? getting a few crashes.. have all the latest updates. NOT using yosemite. I get generally 3 recovery projects per edit. :( Running fairly well today though..

Head of Post Production, Coca-Cola Studios Atlanta, GA. Telly Award Winning Editor and Motion Gfx Artist.

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: ppro problems still
by on Dec 7, 2014 at 2:14:47 pm

[Brian Cooney] "Thanks Walter. I'm running a USB mixing board and video playback through iMac only. I will try using 1/2 rez. doesn't seem right though huh?"

My question was what is your media playing off of? As in your RAID.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Craft and Career Advice & Training from real Working Creative Professionals

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]