ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Conforming, conforming, conforming & Exporting issues

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ethan DaytonConforming, conforming, conforming & Exporting issues
by on Dec 2, 2014 at 1:34:16 am

I've been editing a documentary project with 7+ hours of AVCHD footage imported to Premiere Pro CC 2014 for the last few weeks. Every time I open it, it requires conforming of every single file, and never seems to stop. Both audio and video files (.MTS GH2 files). This makes it very difficult to edit, and almost impossible to preview it at all, unless I render everything.

So I do usually render everything. The thing is, after I render my timeline, Premiere is still trying to conform all of the files it has just created preview files for. A lot of the time, my audio waves don't even show up, and I can't view my sequence with audio. I haven't had issues like this until I upgraded to CC 2014.

Also, even when I export the files, they take 30-some minutes for a 4-minute 720p, 23.976fps video. It seems ridiculous for it to take this long, especially considering that all of my files are already pre-rendered. Anyone have any thoughts as to whats going on?

MacBook Pro i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB ram, 120GB SSD and 512GB HDD (replaced the optical drive for a second hard drive). I know my machine is a little out of date, but it used to render these kinds of files in 10 minutes on the previous version of CC.

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: Conforming, conforming, conforming & Exporting issues
by on Dec 4, 2014 at 12:31:18 pm

Check off the preference to "place media cache files near original files" or whatever that checkbox is called. That will keep all your conform files alongside your main media and you won't have to re-write all those Peak files.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Craft and Career Advice & Training from real Working Creative Professionals

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved