ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

chasing washed out blacks in export.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Christianchasing washed out blacks in export.
by on Nov 30, 2014 at 10:46:37 am

Hi. I recently finished an edit in Premier Pro CC. I used direct link to SpeedGrade and did a correction with the waveform bringing my blacks down to close to 0. I graded then went back to PP. I exported from PP using H.264 as it's for YouTube and such but with VBR, high Bitrate, Maximum but depth and so on, I will include a screen grab of the export settings. The image was washed out with the blacks brought up significantly. I tried exporting in AVI and an upload to Youtube and the problem is consistent across all formats, players and on Youtube. I tried reimporting the exported clip back into PP and they look fine inside of PP. I have two monitors running off this PC and the problem is the same on both. When I look at the uploaded on YouTube it is also washed out. I then moved the exported clip onto my old mac and it looked as it dose in PP on the PC so I opened it up in PP on the mac and the VLC and the PP versions look identical on the mac, no washed out colours, no problems there. I have searched on line and though I have found many others with similar problems I can't find a solution. I have been struggling with this for the last two days and am at my wit's end, why would all the players, QT, VLC is it Flash on the internet browser? Why would they all be washed out? Can anyone help.

Return to posts index

Neil ChristianRe: chasing washed out blacks in export.
by on Nov 30, 2014 at 1:36:54 pm

SO I think someone has solved it for me. I found in the end the problem was only on my PC. Then I found that JRiver Media player played the exported clips fine unlike everything else so I went into Nvidia control Panel under Video/Adjust video colour settings, here it was set by default to "video player settings" and I changed it to "Nvidia settings". Then under Advanced/Dinamic range I changed it from 16-235 to the full 0-255 and fingers crossed all seems to be fine now. Apart from of course having to go back and remove the black crushing grade I have just done over the top of the old one, but that I shall do gladly if it will just play ball from now on, or at lest for a while.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved