ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Thumbnails turn black when hovering over them

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick BushellThumbnails turn black when hovering over them
by on Nov 29, 2014 at 5:27:58 am

I decided to change from Sony Vegas to Adobe Premier pro and signed up through Creative Cloud. Cheaper that way than outright purchase. I've only produced on video for YouTube before this problem started. Hovering over the thumbnails and they would turn black after a second or two. Transfering them into the source window, they were still black. Any shot from the program window will freeze to that shot even though I click on the play head, I hear sound but that's it. If I go to exit the program, it reboots my computer. What's with that!
I have a gaming computer (but not for games)with intel core I7-2600 cpu @ 3.40 ghz (no overclocking) and 32 gigs of ram and a Nvidia 460 graphics card.
I've had 2 adobe technitions fix the issues. The first one told me I wouldn't have any further issues. He deleted a media cache file and changed some preferences. At least that's what he told me. The second technition told me it was my graphics card and proceeded to download an update for my Nvidia 460. Again, I was told that was the problem and I would have no further issues. That was yesterday and today I am back to the black crap!
This is not acceptable. I can't get anything done. Any ideas anyone? I'm thinking I really made the wrong choice of editor here.

Return to posts index

Rick BushellRe: Thumbnails turn black when hovering over them
by on Dec 5, 2014 at 8:16:12 am

I must be still wet behind the ears with all this editing stuff. I don't have the wrong editor at all. Seems (with a lot of research) the vram in my graphics card was not enough. Completley updated with a new card (3 gbt vram) and everything is running so much better. A happy chappy now. It's just so hard to get answers sometimes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved